Wednesday, July 27, 2011

back in the day

while looking for some vacation pixs for a friend, I came across my old (and i do mean old) prom pictures. this would have been 1965 or 1966. the dress was a light powder blue to match my glasses, the gloves (does anyone wear gloves anymore, unless they are royalty) can't remember the color of the flowers and the hair had a whole can of hair spray on it. the young man is my ex husband. we started dating in 1962 and got married in 1966. divorced in 1988. i think his tux was a powder blue also; the prom was held in the high school gym, don't remember with there was a theme or not. i do have a scrapbook in my basement somewhere that would have that information. the most i rmember about this night is my curfew was 1:00 am instead of 12:00 midnight

2 comments:

molly said...

I would not go back, if it were even possible to those times unless I could take with me what I've learnt since then! So young! So innocent.....and ,in my case, so clueless!

Patty said...

I second that Molly. But of course I thought I knew everything! Just ask me